An Improbable Season by Rosalyn Eves
An absolutely charming story about three cousins who go to London for the season! Thalia is a poet. Charis is a naturalist. And Kalli hopes to find love and fun at the parties. Nothing goes to plan, but the young ladies learn who they are and discover love. I adored every word! A must read for Jane Austen and Georgette Heyer fans.
An Improbably Season by Rosalyn Eves
1. In what ways is the character’s season “Improbable”?
2. After Kalli is accidentally “compromised” should she accept the marriage proposal? Is her decision based on her own wishes or the good of the family?
3. Why do you think Thalia ignores Adam’s advice about Mr. James Darby? How is James like the other romantic poets of the day: Percy Shelley and Lord Byron?
4. How is Charis and Mr. Leveson’s romance like Pride and Prejudice? Which character do you think represents Pride and which one Prejudice?
5. Which sister should apologize and why? Kalli or Thalia?
6. Kalli says, “Just because I don’t want to be a published author like you or scientist like Charis—just because I don’t need everyone in the world to know my name—doesn’t mean what I want doesn’t matter.” Do you agree?
7. Should Charis have warned L.M. about her rebuttal essay to the publisher? Charis says, “I thought you valued the give-and-take of ideas.” Do you agree with her opinion of the world of science?
8. Was Kalli right to end the engagement by letter? Why does she not reveal her true feelings?
9. How does Thalia rescue herself?
10. Did any of the matches surprise you? Which couple was your favorite? How do you think they will write their “next chapter”?
#AnImprobableSeason #RosalynEves #Regency #Romance #YoungAdultHistorical #ComingofAge #SweetRomance #HistoricalRomance